Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Father's Thoughts

So.. we have our new president elect. For me, this was my first time voting in the country as a new American citizen. While listening to John McCain's speech last night he said something like "the people of the country have spoken"...in other words, they had chosen. I thought of it from a different perspective. Whose vote counted the most?...yours, mine? , or someone else's? I would like to suggest that God's vote carried the most weight. As much as I am saddened that we elected a pro abortion, pro sodomy, anti second ammendment, and pro distribution of wealth president elect, my heart is at peace. Here is why. Open the Word and slowly read these passages for yourselves (yes, you will have to work to get something out of this) : Daniel 2:20,21,37, 4:17,32 John 19:11, and Rom 13:1-4 A common thread is that "the Most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men." The mystery of the free will of man, and the soveriengty of God. Our responsibility was to get out and vote (among other things). We have a choice. But I believe with all my heart that God has a choice...if those passages mean anything. His choice is from a different perspective, and is always right. God has spoken.....may He now raise up "Daniels" to be a light for Him. Jesus is King of His universe, may we rest in Him today. For a picker upper, find' That's my King' and listen to it. And may God bless these United States of America.

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely right. I did not feel that peace when I first started watching the states decide, but after the last couple of days, I have decided that its okay. God is still in control, so we don't have to be worried..

    -Jennie

    ReplyDelete