Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring...piano recital and time for picnics.



On Saturday evening, April 17th, at 7:00, Reuben, Elizabeth and Matthew had a piano recital.  I think they were a little nervous...but they still did well.  Reuben played "I am Resolved" and "Calypso Carnival".  We have seen so much improvement over this year!





Elizabeth played "God Leads Us Along" and
 "Minuet in G".  She is also preparing to play one hymn with the congregation at our upcoming Share Night.





"For the Beauty of the Earth" and "The Lonesome Pine" are the songs that Matthew played. They all did a little practicing ahead of time on the piano at the church, as it is a little different than the one they normally practice on.






Friday, April 16th, we had our first picnic!  The weather has been unusually warm this spring...completely opposite of last year.  Our tulips are 6" high, daylilies are coming up, the lilacs buds are quickly growing, and the rhubarb is making me think of Jean's rhubarb cake.  On Friday, I also experienced something else...soft grass, prickly pine needles, soft warm garden dirt, smooth hard driveway surface and the rubber of someones running shoes on top of my feet.  Are you wondering how this came about??  With my favorite summer shoes, of course. : )  (which are bare feet...can you guess who is writing today??)

Some more picnic photos...on the menu:  pepperoni or taco pizza, coleslaw and smoothie...along with plenty of fresh vitamin "D"...thanks to the sunshine. : )






                  Easter Sunday mommy was home with three little girls...we made Resurrection Buns.


The buns are made with a marshmallow on the inside, which melts, and leaves the bun empty JoAnna had so much fun making them, she wanted to make them every day the next week.






Tomorrow we have an appointment with the neurosurgeon in Fargo.  I think they want to decide whether the shunt needs to be adjusted or not.  The shunt is under her skin, but they can adjust it with a strong magnet if necessary.  Victoria is a very content baby over all, and has become so much easier to care for since some of the CSF has drained, making her head much lighter.  I can carry her without a pillow to stabilize her head now...and that makes cuddling so much easier!  We praise God for His goodness...and look to Him for strength for each day that lies ahead.

  "I will bless the LORD at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth...O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.  I sought the LORD and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."

No comments:

Post a Comment