Sunday, November 20, 2011

Dad is Rambling again...

Greetings  to one and all. It has been so long since I have rambled on here, (probably no one has really missed it anyways), so thought I would share some of my thoughts with you tonight. As I write, our family is shrinking. Reuben is on the other side of the globe teaching English in Taiwan, and loving it. Ben is a training supervisor at Digi Key about 1.5 hours from here. So we are left with only 8 blessings at home. How did they ever grow up so fast? They go from diapers, to driving to dreams in lightening speed, and our time to train and nurture is gone in a blink. This week, Linda and I will have been married for 24 years...did I mention that I married her, and she has become my very best friend, and still is. She is the most incredible woman I know (shouldn't every husband say that about their brides?). She has taught me so much, especially with Victoria. Her steady belief in the sovereignty of  God in our lives has been such an encouragement to me.
She has such a simple, yet profound childlike trust in God's goodness and providence, believing that He always does all things well..even when we do not understand. Thanks my dear. Jesus is represented in my little Victoria's life, and he said, if you do it (acts of kindness) to the least of these my brethren, you have done it unto me..so we are learning to love Jesus. Many times His blessings come wrapped up in packages that might not look like blessings, but they really are. Learning to love those that are many times overlooked or considered not important.  It takes, love, patience, unselfishness, perseverance , time, for which I am trying to learn about these qualities. This week is also when we celebrate thanksgiving, even though we should be grateful every day. Are you thankful that your children can talk, walk, feed themselves, dress themselves, smile ,  all these simple little things we take for granted, and really don;'t miss them until they can't do these things anymore. Be thankful. Be thankful for trials...for the glory of Jesus is revealed in them. They are used, or can be used to draw us closer to God. Be thankful for trials. Be thankful for   possesions, but be willing to give them up joyfully, because you have a country and an inheritance in Christ. Be thankful that you know a God who loves and cares for you, and that He knows you and has written your name on His hands, how humbling to be known by Him and be able to serve Him. Serve Him with joy and gladness of heart....can't wait to see Him face to face. Blessings on all who read this. Love Christ with all your heart today....He is worthy of such affection. Affectionately, Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment